Return to English Spanish Link web site...

Autor Tema: RAQUEL  (Leído 48732 veces)

Desconectado Mike

• Administrator
    • Ver Perfil
RAQUEL
« en: Febrero 15, 2015, 09:54:35 am »
¿Qué ha dicho vuestra hija en estos días?

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
Re: RAQUEL
« Respuesta #1 en: Marzo 03, 2015, 02:46:28 pm »
Hola Mike! He estado muchísimo tiempo desaparecida pero hoy por fin tengo un ratito para pasarme. Mi peque tiene ahora 19 meses y dice lo siguiente en inglés:

- Here
- There (sólo a veces)
- Doh (done) as in I'm done eating.
- Moh (more) as in I want more
- Dadda
- Mumma
- Wfff (woof, woof) cada vez que ve un perro
- No
- Yeah (o algo parecido, para decir "yes")

Hubo un par de días que dijo "there it is" y otro que me dijo "it is a girl" y "it is a cat". Si no fuera porque dijo los dos hubiera pensado que eran imaginaciones mías.

Aunque prefiere expresarse en español, en el cual dice:
- Aquí/ahí/allí tá (tá=está)
- No tá
- ¿Dónde tá?
- Ssss (sí)
- Abua (agua)
- Y tés (y tres), cada vez que le digo "one, two...", me contesta "y tés". Yo insisto con "three", pero nada.
- Cu-cu (y mira que hemos jugado a peek-a-boo desde que tenía meses y no hay forma de que diga boo. Luego va y en un día con sus abuelos va y aprende cu-cu).
- E cae (se cae).

En general dice más en español, que es el idioma que más oye. Entre la escuela, la familia y que mamá y papá hablan español entre ellos... Pero noto que otros niños de su edad dicen más cosas que ella, lo cual era esperable al tener que lidiar con 2 idiomas a la vez. Sigue entendiendo todo, eso sí. Algo es algo, jaja.
« Última modificación: Marzo 04, 2015, 11:44:20 am por Raquel »

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #2 en: Marzo 04, 2015, 05:55:16 pm »
Today she said something like "again" when she wanted me to sing "itsy bitsy spider" and do all the hand gestures again and again.

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #3 en: Marzo 05, 2015, 10:58:32 am »
I think she's trying to say "poop" lately. She was saying "caca" so I kept saying "poop" instead ("poo" in British English, but you know I use American words) and I think she was trying to say it today. YAY!! Funnily enough, what she says sounds more like "poo".

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #4 en: Marzo 06, 2015, 09:51:17 am »
Ayer Laura dijo "not/no done". Estaba jugando con la fregona (se había caído agua y al verme fregar quiso imitarme y le di la fregona) y cuando le pregunto "Laura, are you done?" me dice "no/not done", y sigue fregando.

No sé si quería decir "no" o "not" porque el "no" a veces lo pronuncia "no" (=know) y otras veces como "nah" (igual que un americano pronunciaría "not", pero sin la T final), y esta vez fue con la O abierta americana, así que tanto su English teacher (que es Americana) como yo oímos "not".

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #5 en: Marzo 09, 2015, 11:14:47 am »
This weekend we've made some progress. Doh (done) has become "done", with the final N (yay!!!). There was this one time when I heard "I'm done", but I doubt she said it. "Yes", which started being "ssss", then "sí", is now either its Spanish version or "yeah". I don't know where she got that one from. I think I always say "yes", but I may say "yeah" at times without noticing? I don't know  ??? Either way, this is one happy mommy.

Watching baby Mc Donald she sings the "E-I-E-I-O" bit as "E-ah-E-ah". I love it! She's also practicing her "muh-muh-muh" and "da-da-da" when she's playing by herself.

Oh, and she definitely repeats "poop" after me, whenever I say it.

Desconectado maribel, cçesar y eva

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #6 en: Marzo 09, 2015, 06:24:32 pm »
That sounds just great!

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #7 en: Marzo 10, 2015, 01:51:56 pm »
Gracias maribel, cçesar y eva.

Le noto un montón la vuelta a la guarde entre semana. Ya hemos vuelto al ssss/sí. Habrá que seguir en ello.

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #8 en: Marzo 10, 2015, 06:22:06 pm »
That's nothing to be worried about. We must keep in mind that we want for our children to be bilingual, not monolingual English speakers (I have to remind myself of this very often), and every input is welcome. Eva is now catching up on her Spanish (she is at home, so it's not because of the nursery but thanks to her daddy). That's always good news, in a bilingual environment, one language helps the other if we keep the input (I love this word, Mike!) on both well balanced. Good on you!

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #9 en: Marzo 11, 2015, 11:26:57 am »
You're right maribel, cçesar y eva. I know you are. But we're surrounded by Spanish. I know I don't have to worry about Laura learning it; she will at nursery school, with her grandparents, aunt and uncle, by listening to my husband and me speak to each other, just by going out and hearing people talk.

Still, you make a very good point. I need to remind myself of this more often.

BTW (=by the way), I caught myself saying "yeah" yesterday, so I guess that's where it came from. It had me intrigued. I can see how it would be easier to pronounce than "yes". Don't you feel like Spanish basic words are easier than the English ones? Agua vs. water, sí vs. yes, papá vs. dad.

We went to a zoo close to home yesterday after nursery school (we have the annual pass), and she loved all the animals. So much that she even tried to say "goat". Nothing like wanting to say something badly enough to give it a try.

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #10 en: Marzo 13, 2015, 09:52:38 am »
She's definitely saying "again". She knows that's the way she can get me to sing her favorite songs over and over again. Her American 'teacher' had to sing "do your ears hang low" I don't know how many times. So many that I learned the lyrics to the song, haha.

She's also said "not done" a couple of times.

She made me laugh out loud today when, whenever I said "fell" she said "e cai" (se cae). I kept insisting with "fell", and she with the Spanish version. It ended up being a game for her, so I had to give up... for now. At least I know she understand what falling means.

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #11 en: Marzo 16, 2015, 10:28:46 am »
Even though we spent a lot of time with her grandparents this weekend, listening to a lot of Spanish, Laura said a few things in English too.

Friday (repeating after mommy):

For a while, when she says "no está" I've been saying "it's gone"/"it's missing"/"it isn't here", depending on context. On Friday I told her something was "gone" and she said "goh".

Also, the following conversation took place:
Dad:Laura, do you want to watch, Pocoyó?
Me: Laura, tell daddy that you do.
Laura: Do.
Teehee.

On Saturday, she also said "goh" a couple of times, meaning "gone".

Today, she said "there" quite a few times, which took me by surprise because she usually says "here" for both "here" and "there". When I said "come" ("Laura, come; come here with mommy"), getting her out of the car, she said "cuh".

It looks like she's started to repeat words after us.

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #12 en: Marzo 17, 2015, 11:07:18 am »
Laura is definitely repeating words, especially if we ask whether she can say it. I got her to say "gone", N included, a couple of times, and also "door", once, minus the final R. I had to ask her: "Laura, can you say...?" and then she would say it. She got tired of it pretty quickly, but I was pretty excited!

Her Spanish has improved a lot too, so it isn't that she's more interested in English than she was before, just that she's getting better at speaking. Her Spanish is still far better; she makes 2-word sentences in Spanish, but not in English; not really. We'll get there.

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #13 en: Marzo 18, 2015, 10:25:00 am »
Hola, Raquel. Te he enviado un mensaje privado. Espero que sigamos en contacto. Un abrazo.

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #14 en: Marzo 20, 2015, 01:36:02 pm »
Ya te tengo fichada, Maribel. Thanks!

Today my daughter's nursery school teacher (the one who speaks Spanish with them) made my day. She told me there are times when, at the assembly, which is the first thing they do in the morning, Laura answers her questions in English. It made me feel better for all those times when she answers my questions in Spanish.

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #15 en: Marzo 24, 2015, 11:00:39 am »
She's still repeating words she hears us say, but she doesn't say them again after that: Go, come...

The ones she's been practicing a lot lately are "gone" and "again".

She's said "there it is" a couple of times.

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #16 en: Abril 07, 2015, 11:33:51 am »
This Easter Laura has been saying and repeating quite a few new words:

- Door (again)
- Sea
- Go
- Let's go
- There it is
- Owl (I can't believe she can say this one, and she says it whenever she sees an owl, real or toy/stuffed animal)
- Eye
- Dog
- Turtle (these last 2 yesterday watching baby Einstein. She says something like "tuh-toh" or "turtoh" instead of turtle)
- Nose
- This is

She's also making the sounds some animals make when she sees them: moo for cows, etc...

The other day when we were playing with things being "here" or "gone", she tells me "no gone". I don't know whether she's mixing up Spanish and English (no está) or if she meant that it wasn't gone; it was there.

I love that her "no" sounds more English lately. It used to be "nah", but she's now pronouncing it correctly.

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #17 en: Abril 08, 2015, 12:29:58 pm »
Laura has learned to say "higher", although I may be the only one who can understand those sounds mean "higher", haha. Yesterday night when we said "good night" to her, she said it back, very clearly. My husband and I looked at each other like "have you heard what I just did? Did she really say it?". I guess she did  :o

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #18 en: Abril 13, 2015, 10:03:02 am »
Cuando se le acerca un niño a Laura, siempre le digo "say hi", "hello boy/girl" o cosas por el estilo. En el zoo también se lo digo cuando se acerca un animal. Bueno, ayer estuvo diciendo "hi" a todos los animales por su cuenta.

She's also learned to say "baby" and "doll". We usually refer to her doll as "the baby".

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #19 en: Abril 15, 2015, 10:12:27 am »
Today Laura woke up, grabbed her doll (aka the baby) and she pointed to the doll's eyes, nose, mouth and ears and said every word. She made my day!!

I think she's so happy she's learned to say "turtle" that she's always looking for them everywhere. Thank goodness for Baby Einstein and her turtle pj's!  ;D She gets all excited when we go to the zoo and she sees them live.

Return to English Spanish Link help pages...