Return to English Spanish Link web site...

Autor Tema: RAQUEL  (Leído 51639 veces)

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
Re:RAQUEL
« Respuesta #220 en: Octubre 18, 2017, 11:23:20 am »
Sí que forma parte de su vida diaria; eso sin duda. Últimamente me estoy dando cuenta de que tengo que, poco a poco, empezar a hablar con mi marido en inglés también, para que se sientan incluídos en las conversaciones. Pero me cuesta, me cuesta.

Tienes razón que en tu casa no se puede decir que no a hablar inglés, jeje.

Últimamente Laura olvida muchas palabras en inglés y me lo dice en español o comete errores por culpa del español. Por ejemplo, ayer me dijo "I found it on the sofá" (con acento en la segunda sílaba). Muchas veces me dice "I'm going to tap it" (meaning "cover it") even though I told her "tapping" means something else. También usa "pinch" como si fuera "pinchar" en vez de "pellizcar". Cada vez que hace una de estas me saca de quicio!!  :(

Y luego está su hermano, que lleva oyendo inglés toda su vida, pero me llama "momma" (lo único que suena inglés) o "mamá" y a su padre "papá", pide "agua" (creo, porque nunca me entero, pienso que dice "Laura") y dice "hola", pero nada en inglés. Laura también empezó en español, pero enseguida empezó a decir cosas en inglés también. Estoy intentando enseñarle a decir "water", pero parece una palabra muy difícil. Mike ¿Los niños ingleses aprenden pronto a decir "water" o les cuesta?

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #221 en: Octubre 23, 2017, 11:26:42 am »
David learned his first word yesterday!! Other than "momma", that is. He said "buh-bye" several times while waving with his hand. YAY!!

Raquel
(excited mom to a 4 and a 1 yo)

Desconectado Mike

• Administrator
    • Ver Perfil
First words for bilingual babe!
« Respuesta #222 en: Octubre 28, 2017, 08:29:01 pm »
Great news on the "bye bye", Raquel!

Recently, I read that the "mama" and "papa" words are common to many languages probably because they are inherent in the baby's phonetic make-up (along with other double consonant-vowel syllables - bye bye?). So going back to the first appearances of speech in early hominins (between 50,000 and 150,000 years ago - nobody's really sure when), babies even then blurted out the same "mamas" and "papas" and probably with the same meanings. Food for thought.

Mike  ;)

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #223 en: Octubre 30, 2017, 09:45:42 am »
I had heard of this, Mike. I think "mama" is the most common one because both my children said "mamama" whenever they needed something or were complaining, not referring to me. In fact, I tried to teach Laura to say "dadda" first but she still said "mama" first. Because it wasn't a real word, just sounds, it wasn't her first word (that was "taquí" -meaning está aquí-), while David's was "Laura" (his dad really insisted on his learning his sister's name, although it was kind of a joke because neither of us thought he would try saying such a difficult word, but he did).

David is already saying: mamá, momma, papá, dadda, Laura, bye-bye (more like buh-buh), no (nah), here (e-uh), star (tuh) -1st time today- and I think he repeated "dinosaur" after me yesterday "soh, arr!" (a lot like George Pig, LOL).

Return to English Spanish Link help pages...