Return to English Spanish Link web site...

Autor Tema: RAQUEL  (Leído 53627 veces)

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
Re: RAQUEL
« Respuesta #40 en: Mayo 20, 2015, 02:03:16 pm »
Yo creo que cada niño empieza a hablar cuando quiere (igual que a andar y todo lo demás) y los progresos van a saltos. Hay niños que con 3 años no dicen nada y otros que te cuentan su vida en verso.

Me sigue costando que Laura diga "here" y ya casi nunca dice "yeah", sólo "tí" (=sí), pero sí que va diciendo otras cosillas. Ya sé que el objetivo es que hablen los dos idiomas, no sólo inglés, pero como veo que los dos idiomas están en competencia me da mucha rabia cuando avanza en español y no en inglés, cuando sé que debería celebrarlo.

Cada vez pronuncia mejor "car" y me dice más veces "a car". Los pobres se tienen que volver locos con lo de "a", "the", "your"... Se preguntarán por qué una vez decimos uno y otras veces otro: "This is a turtle", "do you want your/the turtle?", "where's your/the turtle?"

Y sigue preguntándome el nombre de todo. Esta mañana en el desayuno me ha preguntado por la bandeja de su trona, la mesa, un vestido tendido en el tendedero, el suelo, el lavavajillas, la tostadora, el buho (sujeta puertas), mis tostadas, su vaso, su comida, su muñeco (eso no lo pregunta, me decía "baby")... Y no sé cuántas cosas más. Casi me vuelvo loca, jaja.

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #41 en: Mayo 22, 2015, 09:54:13 am »
She's been speaking lots of English lately and I couldn't be happier. I could tell she used to speak more Spanish right after nursery school and then she would start introducing English while she was with me. Well, the last few days she's been using English with me practically the whole time since the moment I pick her up from nursery school. There are things she only says in Spanish (agua, sí), but there are also things she only says in English (turtle, owl, car, done, more, teddy...) Of the things she says in both languages, she's using English more and more (it's here -although she says "is here"-, buh bye, they're gone...) I've always felt that her Spanish was superior than her English, but these last couple of days it's been the other way around.

The American who comes to play with her came yesterday, and Laura learned a few words with her: "purple" and "night night". The first one while they were playing with some pieces that you have to put on top of one another, and this girl was telling Laura which one should go first, using colors. When she asked Laura to put the purple one next, Laura repeated "purple" after her. Then they were playing with Laura's teddy bear and she asked Laura whether the teddy was going night night (to sleep) and Laura loved it so much she was saying "night night" for a while. She also sang "twinkle twinkle", and Laura was asking for it "again", moving her hands and saying "tiko tiko". Yesterday was a great day. My parents came home and they also mentioned that Laura was speaking a lot, mainly in English *happy dance*

Desconectado lauraOl

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #42 en: Mayo 22, 2015, 04:53:55 pm »
¡Qué bien Raquel! ¡No sabes cómo me identifico contigo! Si la niña aprendió esas palabras con la chica americana es que ésta lo está haciendo muy bien, la motiva y le divierte y eso es fundamental para que aprendan los peques. Nosotros estamos pensando para el próximo curso contratar a una persona nativa que venga a casa una o dos veces por semana, a ver si tengo suerte porque aquí no hay muchos extranjeros... Quería saber qué cosas le dices que haga con la niña, etc. Si quieres te paso mi mail y me cuentas?

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #43 en: Mayo 25, 2015, 12:18:09 pm »
Te he mandado mi e-mail por privado, Laura. La chica que tenemos es encantadora. Mi hija la adora y se pone tan contenta cuando ve que viene. Le canta canciones, juegan con sus juguetes... ¡Qué niño no quiere atención de otro adulto más!

Por ahora Laura sigue manteniendo el hablar mucho inglés con nosotros y yo estoy encantada. No sé si empieza a distinguir que uno se habla con unas personas y otro con otras o si sólo es una fase.

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #44 en: Mayo 29, 2015, 09:59:41 am »
Laura is only saying a few new words, but she keeps making more and more short sentences that aren't grammatically correct, but who cares? She isn't even 2: "Door... it's here". "Car... they're gone" and she mixes up both languages at times: "baby... se cae". These past 2 weeks she's been speaking more English than Spanish at home, but I can tell her Spanish is coming back. My guess is her Spanish will soon get better and her English will stay behind for a while.

I told you we were thinking of hiring an English native speaker to babysit Laura once a week. Well, the American girl who comes to play with her said she was interested, so that means more English for Laura with someone I trust and some free time for hubby and me. I just hope Laura will be okay with it; she loves this girl, but I was always home too, so this is going to be a change.

Desconectado lauraOl

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #45 en: Mayo 29, 2015, 10:43:27 am »
That´s the best input Laura can get!
 I bet you after a while she won´t even notice you two are away! ;)

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #46 en: Junio 02, 2015, 10:38:13 am »
I sure hope so, Laura! The American girl who comes with Laura was playing with her the other day saying her teddy was going "night night" and taking it to her crib. Now Laura grabs her babies and teddy and takes them "nice nice" (the way she pronounces "night night"). She's also singing a few words to Twinkle, Twinkle: twinkle, star, high and sky. It's sooo cute.

She went back to asking me to make her go "higher" when she's in a swing.

We thought for a while that she had heard "papá" and was using it, because we heard her say "papa" from time to time. Later on we realized she means "grandpa".

Yesterday, I was with my sister-in-law and she asked Laura where the "moto" was. Laura didn't do anything until I asked her where the motorcycle was, then she pointed at it all excited and said "it's there". I also got her to say "yeah" a couple of times *yay*

She has this doll that doesn't look like a baby, so I told her she wasn't a baby, but a girl. I alternated between calling the doll "girl" and "doll". Well, Laura is now calling it "doll".

She's starting to try and pronounce her name, which isn't easy with the L and the R, but the funny thing for me is that when she does, it sounds more like Laura in English than Laura in Spanish. I use both with her, but I say it the Spanish way more often than not, so my guess is the English pronunciation is easier.

Edited to add: Laura's post just made me remember that my daughter has started to say "shoe" too. I wish you lived closer, Laura, our daughters would have a wonderful time playing together in English.

Desconectado lauraOl

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #47 en: Junio 04, 2015, 10:06:26 pm »
I'm sure they would. As I told you before, next time we come to Madrid I´ll let you know  ;)

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #48 en: Junio 05, 2015, 09:48:46 am »
Yay!! Looking forward to it, Laura!

My daughter Laura has learned to say "ta-dah". She's heard me use it, and it's very cute hearing her say it  ;D

She's also getting better at repeating words both in English and Spanish. She can't make a V sound yet, though. Like a good Spaniard, she pronounces it B. Since she can't make an F sound either, I guess that makes sense. Her pronunciation of "car" is getting better. She used to pronounce "motorcycle" (coh) and "car" the same way, but she doesn't anymore. Still, no R to be 'heard'  ;)

As expected, her Spanish is back, and I'm hearing lots of "aquí" where she used to say "here". The good thing is "here" isn't completely gone like it was before.

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #49 en: Junio 09, 2015, 10:52:31 am »
Laura is turning into a Brit... she doesn't pronounce a single final R  ;D I'm kidding, I know Rs are difficult to pronounce at this age, but it's still funny to me. She's been saying "star", without the final R a lot lately.

There are some words in which she switches sounds: "book" becomes "coo" (with that vowel sound that I don't know how to express in writing) and sometimes "cook". "Food" turns into "oof". That's the only F I've ever heard her pronounce, and you can tell it's hard for her. She makes a really long F that sometimes sounds like F and sometimes doesn't.
« Última modificación: Junio 10, 2015, 11:03:37 am por Raquel »

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #50 en: Junio 10, 2015, 11:09:52 am »
Laura learned a few words yesterday:

-Cheese: it was funny because she had trouble with the CH and with the Z sound. With the CH, I tried showing her how to round her lips, but she just couldn't do it. With the Z, she was making the funniest sounds. I wasn't correcting her, just repeating it after her, saying: "well done, Laura, it's cheese". We had fun with it.
-Bread: she already said "pan", which is much easier, but when I asked her whether she wanted bread, she repeated the word after me, then held her piece of bread up and said "bread", then pointed at her cheese: "cheese".
-The ball: I've heard her say "a ball" before, but I think yesterday was the first time I heard "the ball"... I think. It's hard to keep track!
- Right here: This one goes with a big "maybe". It's the first time I hear it and it may have just as well been "it's here", but I did hear "right her". I'll let you know if I hear it again.

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #51 en: Junio 12, 2015, 11:15:57 am »
I forgot to say Laura learned to say tiptoes. She likes walking on her tiptoes as a game and she wanted me to do the same, so she was saying: titoe and I had no idea what she meant. She only pronounces the final sillable/s of each word: dinosaur becomes osaur and animals was something like nimal. Every day is a test to see whether we can understand her new words. I can see that she gets frustrated when we don't, and so do we!

Desconectado esther

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #52 en: Junio 12, 2015, 12:17:46 pm »
Qué encanto Raquel, cómo avanza Laura cada día, que gozada es ver el proceso que llevan cada día, cuántas satisfacciones nos da!! jejeje
No sé si os he dicho que ahora me encanta tender jejejeej me encanta que mientras estoy tendiendo, estoy escuchando a mi nena jugar y hablar con sus muñecos en un idioma que (de moemnto) solo es el de nuestro mundo particular, el suyo y el mío  ::) ::) ::)

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #53 en: Junio 15, 2015, 10:49:23 am »
Esther ¡Qué bien te entiendo! Laura hace lo mismo en el coche. Tiene unos soliloquios con todas las palabras que se sabe y otras que se debe haber inventado... Un par de veces la grabé porque me hacía una gracia oirla. Últimamente oímos más frases cortas, ya no todo es "this is [whatever]". Ayer se sentó en su stroller y dijo: daddy push. Más claro agua.

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #54 en: Junio 18, 2015, 09:59:57 am »
Laura lleva varios días mejorando su pronunciación de queso. Ayer ya lo dijo genial, aunque sin la Z.

Dije en otro hilo que Laura pronuncia "mom" con una A española, pero me he estado fijando hoy y todas las veces lo ha pronunciado bien. Tal vez sea que cuando lo dice bien no me doy cuenta y cuando lo pronuncia mal sí, y doy por hecho que siempre lo dice mal. Anoche que me lo dijo mal estuve mostrándole la diferencia entre dad y mom, alargando las vocales para que oiga la diferencia. Se reía porque lo veía como un juego y luego me decía "momma" con el sonido bien pronunciado.

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #55 en: Junio 23, 2015, 10:59:38 am »
Me está llamando la atención que antes Laura siempre decía la parte final de las palabras largas y ahora con algunas palabras sólo dice el principio. Me pregunto si es casualidad o es como funciona esto.

Por otro lado veo que lo de decir bien "mom" fue sólo una fase y volvemos a pronunciarlo "mam". Ugggh! No quiero corregírselo, pero me da muchísima rabia y de vez en cuando se me escapa la corrección. Tengo que llevar cuidado.

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #56 en: Junio 26, 2015, 12:17:48 pm »
Me again. Yesterday was the first time Laura stayed with her American 'babysitter' (the same girl who used to come and play with her 45 minutes a week) for 5 hours and they had a ball. They went to the swimming pool, sang, colored and played. She learned a few words like "purple" and "bear" and mom and dad had some time off too  ;D I could tell that she was speaking more English than usual afterward.

This morning she was repeating a lot of words after me.

While looking at pictures in a book:
Me: "those are bunnies"
Laura: "bunnies" (she obviously doesn't pronounce words correctly, but well enough to know what she means to say)
Me: "Exactly. They're rabbits"
Laura: "rabbits"

When leaving the apartment:
Me: "Laura, we have to go to school. Come on, let's go"
Laura: "Let's go"

It's hard to keep a straight face when she does this  ;D

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #57 en: Julio 03, 2015, 10:30:31 am »
I know I post too often, but I get excited about the smallest progress. I said before that Laura was saying "yes" when we asked her to. Well, she's now said it a few times on her own instead of "sí", but only a few times. I'm hoping she'll eventually say it all the time.

Also, yesterday, she says:
Laura: Five (with all the sounds; it was perfect).
Mom and Dad: Laura, what's five? (We didn't think she really meant "five")
Laura: *raises her hand up, her palm toward us* five!

She wanted us to high-five her!! So of course we did. It was SO cute! I was quite impressed with her pronunciation of the V. She used to pronounce a B and I was expecting her to start pronouncing an F before she could make a V sound.

It's also funny to me that when she says "bath", she pronounces the TH as if it was a Z (the English sound, not the Spanish one). I still fail to pronounce the Z a lot of times, and she's already doing it... Not in the right word, but still.

She's been saying lots of new words lately and keeps repeating many of the words she hears us say.

Desconectado maribel, cçesar y eva

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #58 en: Julio 03, 2015, 03:22:33 pm »
Cool!

One of the best things about starting with another language when our children are still babies is how flexible their listening is. The range of the sounds they can reproduce increases surprisingly, plus the knowledge that the "object" and the "Word" to name it are two different things. We usually take it for granted but it's something very difficult to get before 5, and bilingual children get it much earlier.

I'm very glad you're enjoy this magical process. xxx

Desconectado Raquel

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #59 en: Julio 13, 2015, 03:04:07 pm »
Sólo tengo unos segundos antes de salir corriendo de casa para contaros que la experiencia con la chica americana está siendo genial. Ya ha conseguido que Laura diga "yes" de vez en cuando y "there", palabras que nunca antes había dicho. Además está soltándose a cantar "Twinkle twinkle" y cada vez canta más palabras.

Return to English Spanish Link help pages...