Exercise: third conditional 5.
Exercise on the structure of the third conditional with modal would.
Choose a suitable answer from the choices in brackets. The sentences must be in the third conditional mode.
had been would have gone
1) had rained - would have stayed / 'd have stayed
2) had got - would have had / 'd have had
3) would have closed - had preferred
4) 'd have visited / would have visited - hadn't snowed
5) had taken / 'd taken - would have got / 'd have got
6) had walked / 'd walked - would have found / 'd have found
7) wouldn't have burnt - 'd turned down / had turned down
8) had left / 'd left - 'd have been / would have been
9) hadn't liked - would have bought
10) would have finished - had started / 'd started
Index of English exercises... (return to same section)
Copyright © 2018 English Spanish Link